Translate

Monday 26 January 2015

Why I do What I do and Happy Republic Day

Making cold-process soap is what I do now past 1.5 years. Not for a living though! There were times in the past where I did a lot of things with a business point of view none of them gained any light. It was lack of determination and also short term interest in the various fields I chose as a playground. But as always, things change for better or for worse. Not until recently, I discovered the art of making hand made soap and skincare. 

I am not sure how this craze developed, but it is the greatest one. I like many women love make-up, high end skincare and in my free time ( a lot of free time) would look up reviews and blogs on the various products that I would end up hoarding. All of this led to terrible skin break outs and many visits to the dermatologist. It did not stop there, I stumbled upon a product 'Egyptian magic' and I was so sure to buy this product which claimed all sorts of good things, I actually had a dream that my skin improved and was barred from flaws. I believed in it so much that I looked into all the possible reviews available along with plenty of youtube videos. One of the many videos was the turning point wherein the host generously shared a tutorial on "how to make the Egyptian Magic Creme in your own kitchen". I was up in the air. I immediately looked up the ingredients and started my google search on suppliers for the raw materials. After days of research, I got my supplies and whipped up my first ever Creme. And to my surprise it did not hurt my skin. This led me to long hours of research into skincare and a world of blogs and tutorials popped up which gave me something to work on. 

While my focus was into lotions and creams, my mother pushed me into making soaps. I looked into videos, blogs and few websites who were pretty generous with information on soap-making. My first soap like many soap makers was a castile soap. I loved it to bits and very soon I had 350 soaps made in a months time with all the possible shoe boxes as moulds Hubby-dearest also was my major strength in venturing into making skincare. 

Though I enjoy formulating lotions and scrubs, soap making is something I love as it gives it gives room to create art. Personally I cannot use all the soap I make as I have a need to make it almost everyday so that led me to start a Facebook page and the hence the birth of Pure Suds Skin Treats.

Why I do what I do is because, I love my skin like everyone. I am not blessed with the most perfect skin and I guess its also due to the amount of pollution we expose our skin to everyday. I would love to use at least one product that would be free of harmful chemicals and preservatives and soap is my best bet to start my day with. Also, making soap has become a part of my daily routine, I cannot paint, sketch or do anything related to art, But soap making has changed that. It is an art as well as a science. There is math and chemistry involved. Perfect timing is the key in making soap. I love swirling, coloring and making intricate designs in my soaps along with fragrances which should make bathing a memorable experience each day. I enjoy working with the various oils and butters.

Today, for the first time I'm using Pomegranate Seed Oil which is under the 'Exotic' oils category. As this soap will be composed of Pomegranate Juice, Goats milk, Pomegranate Extract and Pomegranate Fragrance. Wish me luck and have a wonderful day ahead.



No comments:

Post a Comment